Jobs at NUMC
CHILDREN’S LEAD SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHER AND MUSIC LEADER
Northridge United Methodist Church is seeking a Children's Lead Sunday School Teacher and Music Leader who is enthusiastic and excited about sharing the love of Christ through education and music with our children through bible story sharing, song, drama/skits and other creative avenues.
Northridge UMC is an active and diverse congregation in Northridge, California with an average Sunday worship attendance of 200+; weekly Sunday School attendance of 15- 20 children (preschool-5th grade) with supportive and capable assistant Sunday School teachers & parent volunteers; emerging youth ministry; nurturing nursery for infants & toddlers; vibrant music ministry including chancel choir, two hand bell choirs and jazz vespers; a meaningful mission outreach into the community and around the world.
Desired Job Qualifications:
- Loves children and loves the Lord
- Experience in Christian Education with children through Sunday School, VBS, or other children’s ministry
- Experience in teaching music to children
- Experience in teaching music in a Christian environment
- Ability to lead children’s music on piano/keyboard or guitar
- Familiarity and experience with skill- and age-appropriate music for pre-school through 5th grade
- Strong communication skills with children, parents, staff and other church members.
- Ability to use music to deepen the children’s worship experience and understanding of God
- Possess a basic knowledge of the teachings of the United Methodist Church (or be willing to learn them)
- A sound understanding of the Christian faith and the Church
Salary will be based on qualifications and experience.
To apply please email a cover letter (including a statement of faith) and resume to: Karen@northridgeumc.org
Rev. Karen Murata
Northridge United Methodist Church
9650 Reseda Blvd.
Northridge, CA 91324
Direct questions to the church office by phone - (818) 886-1555 or by email email@example.com.