Lambakin UMC Rebuild
This church is located in a farming village (locally called barangay) in the town of Jaen, province of Nueva Ecija the Central Plains of the island of Luzon. It was first established through the help of American missionaries in 1936. The land was donated by the family of NUMC member Eleanor Pascual Serrano. From the very first structure made out of bamboo and cogon grass the church has been rebuilt two times. In 2007, construction of the new sanctuary started which was temporarily halted due to lack of funds.
In 2008, through our Mission Growth Fund and the generosity of our members, NUMC stepped up so construction could continue. We sent a work team to help with the actual construction in 2008 in the persons of Bob Serrano, Mike and Nancy Easterly. They worked alongside members of the congregation and the local young pastors alliance. Our mission team went back in 2009 to dedicate the new sanctuary. The project was finally completed last January 2012 with the installation of new tiled floors and chandeliers. NUMC was with them every step of the way to help them finish the church of their dreams. Our church also donated an old projector, communion sets and used choir gowns. The Easterly's donated pew Bibles and hymnals on behalf of NUMC.
When we extended a helping hand to the congregation of Lambakin UMC, little did we know that we have embarked on a long-term commitment to “make disciples of all nations” through church-building and other mission opportunities. From the Lambakin outreach, our Philippine ministries have now expanded to include distributing Tagalog Bibles to churches and Bible study groups, sending used choir gowns and stoles and providing scholarships to hearing-impaired children in the Philippines. In Luke 10:2 it says, “The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few”. Our task here at NUMC is to equip these workers to reap a rich harvest for God’s kingdom in the Philippines.